Sunday, August 28, 2011

Scotland








As promised here are some pics from Scotland. We had such a great time on this trip! We spent the first half on the SW coast and the golf resort Turnberry and the second half in Edinburg. We flew to Scotland and then rented a car when we got there as Ryan and I both wanted to have the experience of driving on the other side of the road from the other side of the car. It was awesome and just a little bit scary! It's kinda hard to judge where you are on the road when you are on the other side of the car but I think we both did really well! Our hotel in Turnberry was beautiful and had a great view of the coast. Each night at 6:30 a man in full Scottish dress came out to the back porch and played the bagpipes for 30 minutes. Groan if you wish but I loved it, so much so that I bought a CD of bagpipe music that I made everyone listen to on the way to Edinburg. Odd though that I haven't seen that CD since....Ryan? Any comments? Suggestions as to where it might be?
While at Turnberry the boys got to do a little bit of horsebackriding, except for James who was TERRIFIED of the horses. We walked along the coast where somehow Adam fell in the water and got completely soaked! I had my first fish and chips, it was delish! So much so I included a picture :) The boys did a golf clinic with Dad and no European trip would be complete without a tip to a castle. We did not hit any cathedrals this time though to the boys' immense relief! I absolutely LOVED the Scottish people. Everywhere we went they were so sweet and friendly and willing to have a chat with you. All in all it was one of my favorite trips so far and we have definite plans to head back to Turnberry some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment