Monday, August 22, 2011

Back in the Saddle

Ok, so it has been a really long time since I have posted anything. I guess we were just busy living for awhile! But, I have since realized that we are making some pretty incredible memories here that I don't want to forget! So, quick recap: last year was our second year here in Dusseldorf. Last school year went really well and we had some amazing travels. We went to Paris with Ryan's parents, showed my parents around Dusseldorf and went on what has been one of my favorite trips so far to Scotland! I'm hoping this blogger motivation stays with me long enough to post some pics from these trips. But the best part about last year was that somewhere around March we came to really love being here in good ol' Deutschland. We have loved the travel aspect all along but have found our living situation....difficult. So many things went into the way we felt about living here but I think one of the biggest things was just how different life is here compared to life in America and apparently I am not as good with change as I thought I was :) We have grown so much closer as a family and have learned to rely on each other living here. We have also learned to appreciate a slower and less complicated way of life. All of the little things that used to drive me crazy I have come to see in a different light and I can now see some major advantages to the way things are done here. I still say that it is hard work being a German and I will hate till the day I die my very, very small and very, very slow washing machine and dryer but, I have found so much beauty and so much to love in this place! So as we start what will most likely be our last year in Dusseldorf I hope to soak up ever little bit that Germany and Europe have to offer before we head back to Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment