Friday, January 1, 2010

Birthdays!!




I have been a total slacker with this blog and am taking New Years Day to catch up! We recently had two birthdays in our family!




James turned two on the 14th of November. James has been unlike any child I have ever known! I never see him sit still and he has an amazing ability to assess a room and zero in on all things most likely to cause damage and then find those things in a matter of seconds! There is not a stroller, car seat or highchair created that he can't find a way out of. Even when I have his car seat straps so tight I am worried I am cutting off his circulation, sure enough, a few minutes later I hear his triumphant, "Did it!" and I know he's out again! He is also unfailingly sweet and those few minutes at night when he nuzzles his face in my neck while I sing him Silent Night (his favorite song) mean the world to me! Happy Birthday James!




Isaac turned seven on the 18th of December. Isaac is special to me as all oldest children are. He has had the hardest time of the three adjusting to life in Dusseldorf. The kids in his class have been moved around a lot and it shows in their behavior. Friendships have been hard for him to find but he has hung in there and his sweet, fun personality is winning out and he is becoming a much happier boy. I am always proud of him and love him lots! Happy Birthday Isaac!

3 comments:

  1. I cannot believe James is two! Cute little thing. Tell him to stop growing.
    And Issac, you are growing into the handsome young lad I always knew my future son-in-law would be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for remembering my birthday! I wish you were here to decorate cupcakes as well! We did go to Build-A-Bear because Blake is convinced that it doesn't matter who's birthday it is, you go to Build-A-Bear! Looks like you guys are making the most of your life. We really want to come visit. Keep us up-dated. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My buddy Isaac is already 7?!? Happy Birthday big boy! I miss you. Adam is already 2? Happy Birthday, little guy. How do they grow up so fast? My little Reagan is already 7 months old today. I love that Adam is an escape artist. He has just the right mom to stay on top of all of his tricks. ;-)

    ReplyDelete